Zakliczyn is a town in Tarnów County, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland, with a population of 1,558 (2006). Zakliczyn lies on the right bank of the Dunajec river, surrounded by wooded hills 300 to 500 metres above sea level. Zakliczyn has a town hall, located in a spacious market square, one of the largest in the province, at 100 by 170 metres. The town was originally called Opatkowice. Its name was changed in 1558, in honour of the village of Zakliczyn, Myślenice County, which was ancient seat of the Jordan family.