Wieruszów is a town with 8,639 inhabitants (2016). Situated in the southwestern part of Łódź Voivodeship, From 1975-1998, it was part of Kalisz Voivodeship. The town is situated along the Prosna river. The biggest attraction is the Church and Monastery popauliński of 1676 in its limits, located on the Prosna, the church of St. Nicholas. Spirit of the façade with two towers and chapels on the sides, forming a kind of transept. Inside the church, deserves special attention, nine baroque altars and choir stalls from 1682, with paintings on zapieckach. The choir is a portrait of Bernard Wierusz - the first owner and founder of the church Wieruszów. In 1673, Augustine's father died here Kordecki, a heroic defender of Jasna Góra during the Swedish invasion, and in 1973, during the celebration of the 300th anniversary of his death diagonal, the church was graced by the presence of Cardinal Karol Wojtyła - the future Pope John Paul II and Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński.